Unsupportive Parents

Hey dad
Hey mom
I can no longer try to convince you,
  
  My dreams mean nought to you,
  My perseverance can no longer shield me
  Against the pain of your misguided love
  It’s funny though
  It’s ironic though
  I thought this was my life
  How stupid of me to try and make my own decisions

  I can no longer fight
  With your judgement of what you think is right
  So tonight
  At midnight
  Receive my dead body.
  I will keep my soul and you keep my vessel.
I hope you use it well
I am sure you will
It’s what you’ve wanted all along:
To control me
Now is your chance
And fortunately for you, I’ll never object again

While I rest in peace
Please take my body to the location
Of the job you forced me to accept.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ArtifiedBeing Solo Exhibition Review

Passionate but Ignorant: Reflections of an Emerging Artist

Rise Khosi Rise... but how?